I found this vanity on a local barter and trade site for $50. I’ve been looking for a vanity for a long time and bought this one to make into something I’d love and use.
The veneer had damages, but the vanity was in tack. I knew I’d first remove the veneer.
Removing the veneer.
I tried using heat to release the veneer, but found the most productive way to get it off was picking and peeling using straight edge razor and various putty knives. Not the most fun part for sure. Some peeled in strips, some areas I had to pick tiny pieces at a time. I’m sure someone has a better method, but this worked for me.